November 17, 2011 | In: From Steve
Beginning of Revival in Egypt?
- It was held at the Cave Churchon Cairo’s largest garbage city, Mokattam. This church is called St. Simeon the Tanner Coptic Orthodox Church.
- The gospel was proclaimed during the Prayer event and some people responded to the challenge call to follow Jesus.
- Prayers for healing were made at midnight and some people were healed of physical problems.
- Since the event, one Egyptian Christian leader said “The heavens are clean! It is easy to pray!” He calls it the beginning of revival.
- Up to a month ago, there was absolutely no promotion for this event. No flyers. In fact, the organizer was still undecided on whether to host it on Friday or Saturday.
- It was an Egyptian event. Buses took people to this event from all over Egypt with almost no foreigners.
- In September 2009, a prayer meeting was held in Egypt where the leaders, including the main organizer of this event heard God tell them that there would be bloodshed, persecution and the burning of churches. But if God’s people would come, and hear His voice, and repent, then He would hear their prayers.
- The passage on repentance that was referenced in the 2009 prayer meeting was the Bible passage read at the beginning of the prayer service. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
- On 9th October, 2011, when many Coptic Christians were killed in Cairo, Christian leaders met for 3 days of prayer. During this time, they announced their intention of a prayer event for Egypt, which culminated in this event.
- Muslims joined Christians for prayer at this event and they were told by the Priest that they did not have to change their religion but they needed to know that there is one Savior, Isa [Jesus Christ].
- Since the prayer meeting a few days ago, Cairo has experienced highly unusual rain, clouds, lightning and thunder during a month which normally gets only .15 cmsof rain.
- Dr Rev Sameh Maurice, Pastor of Cairo’s largest evangelical church Kasr el Dobarastood and prayed among the participators.
- Last Wednesday, Father Simon, who started the Cave Church [The Monastery of St Simeon the Tanner], had a vision of a bright light and a mountain that was lifted up and removed. He was told to prophesy and heard God say that “you will hear wonderful news this year!”